Without wishing to overshadow the Sagrada Familia, the Gothic Quarter or the mountain of Montjuïc, Poblenou is one of those places in Barcelona that deserve to be discovered without haste. And this title is a title that is completely deserved, if we take into account the undeniable historical, architectural and economic importance it has had since the 19th century. From that period, there are still very tall brick chimneys that bear witness to one of the largest industrial complexes in southern Europe, as well as century-old factories that, in some cases, have been restored and converted into facilities, museums and universities.
This is the environment in which our apartments in Barcelona are located: Lugaris Beach and Lugaris Rambla. By staying with us, you will have the perfect excuse to immerse yourself in one of the most relevant episodes in the history of Barcelona.
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT OUR APARTMENTS BY THE BEACH IN BARCELONA?
Our apartments by Barcelona beach are perfect for your family holidays. Discover all the options that we have prepared for you.
WHAT WILL YOU FIND AROUND OUR APARTMENTS?
Considering all the above, it is not surprising that many of the most interesting places in Poblenou have to do with its industrial past. Here are a few that you should not miss on your next trip to Barcelona
• Can Framis Museum. Located in an old textile factory from the late 18th century, it was opened in 2009 as a museum of contemporary painting. Its rooms display around 300 works produced since the 1960s by Catalan or Catalan-based artists.
• Can Felipa. This old factory, in operation until 1974, is one of the best examples of industrial architecture in Barcelona. It currently houses a civic centre and the Can Felipa Municipal Sports Centre.
• Rambla del Poblenou. This commercial artery, originally called Passeign del Triomf and where the Lugaris Rambla apartments are located, can boast of elegant buildings and magnificent restaurants and terraces where you can taste the best of Catalan cuisine. One of its most iconic attractions is the L’Aliança del Poblenou Casino, where plays are performed. This street also has a century-old horchatería (a cafè specializing in a drink called horchata): El Tío Che.
In the heart of Poblenou, you will find these amazing apartments, adapted to all your needs. Find your ideal accommodation.
• Torre Agbar. This original skyscraper, 145 m high, whose official name is Torre Glòries, was built between 1999 and 2005. Designed by French architect Jean Nouvel, it is considered one of the great exponents of so-called high-tech architecture and is the third tallest building in Barcelona, surpassed only by the Mapfre Tower and the Hotel Arts, the two twin towers located next to the Olympic Port. Although it was built to house one of the most exclusive hotels in Barcelona, the project did not come to fruition.
• The beaches. This list would not be complete without including the two urban beaches that bathe the coast of Poblenou: the Bogatell beach, frequented mainly by middle-aged residents of the neighbourhood, and the Mar Bella, a nudist beach with a gay-friendly section. Unlike in Barceloneta and Vila Olímpica, the bathers are usually locals. By the way: did you know that they are only 200 m away from the Lugaris Beach apartments?
• The parks. If you want to go for a run or a relaxing walk during your holidays in Barcelona, you will like to know that this neighbourhood has two magnificent green lungs. One is the Poblenou Park, located by the coast, and the other is the Poblenou Central Park. Created in 2008 by Nouvel and with a triangular shape, it is located between Avinguda de la Diagonal and the streets of Bac de Roda and Marroc. Among its most remarkable sculptures we find the so-called Wells of Heaven.
MORE ABOUT THE AREA
What to do around Lugaris apartments?
You wake up on a weekend morning in one of Lugaris’ luxury apartments in Barcelona and you are very hungry. There is nothing in the fridge, you look at the clock and you can’t believe it’s already so late, what do you do? You go out looking for a place to have brunch. The Poblenou neighbourhood in Barcelona is one of the most cosmopolitan in the city and, as such, has been able to adapt to the new gastronomic trends of recent times, including this American fashion that has been popular in the city for several years. If the typical weekend vermouth doesn’t suit you and what you want is to find a place to have a hearty mid-morning meal, discover this list of the best places to have brunch in Poblenou and face your day in Barcelona with a full belly.
The Poblenou district is one of the least known, but also one of the most attractive. Its proximity to the sea and its undeniable modern atmosphere make it one of the best places to spend a spring or summer holiday in Barcelona. And what better way to enjoy this area when the good weather arrives than with a good cold drink while enjoying the warm rays of light from the Mediterranean? That is why Lugaris invites you to have a beer on the best terraces in Poblenou, you will find one for every taste and palate.
There is no greater pleasure than being able to eat a good meal with the sea breeze caressing your hair, right? If you want to enjoy the best terraces in Poblenou while you taste the most delicious dishes, here are some of the best restaurants in the area that allow you to eat outdoors.